3 Surprising Things You Can Claim on Your House Insurance

House insurance is one of the more complex and complicated things that we can purchase. Even the most educated people can feel more than a little confused when looking at their house insurance policy and determining what is covered under which circumstances. Here at Jamieson-Hilts Insurance Brokers Ltd., we are always on the hunt for ways to make house insurance less confusing rather than more, so we have compiled a list of things that you can claim under many house insurance policies that you may not have known about.

house insurance policy

1.   Personal Injuries- If a neighbor’s child falls and breaks their arm while playing in your tree house, your house insurance might be able to foot the child’s medical bills. Also, should your dog bite someone on your property, your house insurance might cover those resulting costs as well.

2.   Vandalism- As long as your home is occupied, you can make a vandalism claim under your house insurance — especially if the vandals caused a significant amount of damage.

3.   Hotel Living- While you can’t go on vacation and expect your house insurance to foot the bill, if something happens to your property like a fire or a tree collapses on your roof and you have to move out while repairs are made, hotel living and food expenses may be fully or partially covered.

These are just some examples of things that your house insurance might cover. As always, we here at Jamieson-Hilts Insurance Brokers Ltd. recommend that you thoroughly examine your coverage and discuss your coverage with your broker before assuming certain things are covered by your specific policy. To learn about house insurance coverage that we offer, contact us today.