Make it tougher to steal your car.
You can never guarantee your vehicle will not be stolen, but you can take a few easy steps to prevent the likelihood of it happening. Try to make it as difficult as possible for thieves to steal your vehicle and its contents.
- Always lock your vehicle, no matter how long you’re away from it.
- Never leave your keys in the vehicle
- Avoid parking on the street when there are safer locations.
- Turn off your ignition whenever you leave your car
- Conceal items left in your car; keep things in the trunk. Never leave money, cd’s, mp3 players, etc., in the open
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit, well-guarded, highly visible area.
- Ask your neighbours to watch out for your vehicle and do the same for them
- Install an anti-theft deterrent such as car alarms or an ignition disabler.
By simply following these tips, you’ll make your vehicle far less of a target to thieves.
Take time to take care.
* Information for this checklist supplied by the Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario